Our School Vision
“To be the best that we can be so that we may live life in all its fullness.”
Our vision for education is deeply Christian,
with Jesus' promise of 'life in all its fullness' at its heart.
Our Mission Statement
We are a school which believes in the uniqueness of the individual; where children develop the passion to learn, the skills and knowledge to succeed, and the confidence to take Christian values into our diverse society so that each and everyone of us may live life in all its fullness.
As a school, we seek to inspire life in all its fullness for all in the school through:
- ensuring a safe, welcoming and inclusive environment for children and adults, where everyone is valued and has the opportunity to contribute and flourish
- a determined desire for each child to make the best possible progress as a result of high aspirations, hard work and the development of a personal love for learning alongside the highest-quality teaching and support
- a thoughtful and purposeful curriculum where gaining knowledge and skills enables all pupils to grow in their wisdom
- planned and spontaneous opportunities for spiritual development through reflection, discussion and harnessing curiosity, as well as the provision, at the heart of our school life, of daily opportunities for prayer and worship
- the development and modelling of strong, positive and loving friendships with peers, amongst the school community and in the wider community
- the promotion of respect and compassion for ourselves and for all others, by cultivating positive emotional and physical well-being, by celebrating the diversity within and outside our school and by encouraging all of us to be responsible and empowered global citizens
- encouraging all pupils and staff to act with honesty and integrity so that we may be the best that we can be
- instilling courage and bravery to face the challenges that life has to offer, and see these challenges as opportunities in which we can live life in all its fullness
The Church of England’s vision for education
Our vision for education is deeply Christian, with Jesus' promise of 'life in all its fullness' at its heart.
In line with the Church of England's role as the established Church, our vision is for the common good of the whole community.
- Educating for wisdom, knowledge and skills: enabling discipline, confidence and delight in seeking wisdom and knowledge, and developing talents in all areas of life.
- Educating for hope and aspiration: enabling healing, repair and renewal, coping wisely when things go wrong, opening horizons and guiding people into ways of fulfilling them.
- Educating for community and living well together: a core focus on relationships, participation in communities and the qualities of character that enable people to flourish together.
- Educating for dignity and respect: the basic principle of respect for the value and preciousness of each person, treating each person as a unique individual of inherent worth.